Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Thursday, March 8, 2012

Big East & Beers with My Master

A student took his zen master to a Big East Tournament game.
Who are you cheering for master?
I was cheering for the woman who caught the peanuts that that man with the cart threw to her. Great catch.
No...I mean which team, UCONN or Syracuse?
Which one are you, cheering for?
Syracuse, baby...Go Orange!
Why?
I went to college there.
Where?
Syracuse.
Where's Syracuse?
Upstate New York.
Ahhh. And where is upstate New York?
On a map?
What country?
U.S.-- Did you sneak a beer while I was...at the bathroom?
And where is UCONN.
Connecticut?
What--?
--Country? United States.
I will cheer for the American team.
They are both American teams.
I see a Chinese boy on the court. Is he American.
No they...
Ahh. I will vote for the World Team!
But that's not the point--
What are the players made of?
Slim Jims and Red Bull (grumble).
No. That's what they ate. What are they made of?
Bones. Blood?
No. The little stuff.
Cells, atoms?
And they?
Pudding made from the curdled sweat of angels who dance on pin heads.
What? I am getting deaf in my old age.
Nothing. They are made of the stuff between stuff.
Oh look the game is over. That was most fun.
Son-of-a...!
What is wrong? We all won?
(mutter) The beer guy still serving?
He is all out. I drank the last one while you were in the bathroom, my son.