Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, January 6, 2014

Testing for Lvl. 3 Wing Tsun tomorrow...

So, as you three loyal followers know (if you've had time in between fixing burritos at Taco-SUPREMA!) that I began my Wing Tsun training again at Club Kung Fu in Springdale after almost a year and a half off. It's been such a joy to return to my Kung Fu family. The school has almost tripled in size since 2011, everyone has gotten so far. I am so proud of all of them, and inspired by their efforts! And with that, I am testing for level 3 tomorrow night. I believe I am ready, my skills are still very rough, having to basically do over 0-2 in the past two months or so, but with the help of my training partners I've come a long way...with so long to go (awesome!). I remember my first test for 1; it was the first time I had taken a test in 15 years or something. I sweat through my diaper that day. I will try to wear extra layers tomorrow. I just wanted to thank Si-Hing Elliot and Si-Hing Wei and Si-Jays Elaine and Carol, Si-Hings Dom and Jim and John and Ron and Ian and Tony and Si-Dai Ryan and Eyeball and Raph and Frosty and Shaman, Big Al, Little Al, Si-Muis Eyelet and Meghan and Lata, Chris, Big Dan, Pete, Emma, on and on and on... All of you have been so gracious and kind to welcome my big arse back with open arms. I won't let you down tomorrow. I might fail, but it wont be in my effort and my perseverance. See you in the Kwoon.

CAP
PS. The biggest thanks has to go to my wifey-poo who puts up with her big lion-cub going to get punched in the face and miss time together so he can live life to the fullest.