Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Best Martial Arts Style is...Fishing?

At Strongman, we like all men and women throughout the ages, talk about which is the best style of Martial Arts. We have many practitioners of many styles:
Wing Tsun,
Taekwondo,
Aikido,
Wrestling,
Muy Tai,
BJJ,
MMA,
Schwarzen-bunny Death Paws,
Ogre Boxing 
I'll-drop-a-270lbs.-stone-on-your-head-fu,
Say-hello-to-my-sledgehammer-punk-do,
etc.
The UFC was founded on this contest. I searched through my ancient Martial Arts scroll and bubblegum card collection and came upon this passage from an ancient Japanese fishing text written by a woman who wrote under a male pseudonym of Mikoden. The text title translates to:
 "Fish Catching It's Own Tail". See if it puts this age old question to rest.

"Most contests of fishing prowess
come down to the man and luck, not style.
On any given day the fish could bite
your lure and not mine,
no matter how experienced I am. 
Let me be more clear...

If you practice fishing...just fishing--
If you become the rod and lure--
If you become the sea and sky and fish--
You will eat forever."