Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Saturday, December 1, 2012

Chillin,Steven Segal Documentary


Chillin, watchin Steven Segal Documentary. He flows like water. Cole (Student) asked me the difference between Aikido and Wing Tsun. My response, and I am no expert, was: "Wing Tsun is Aikido in  a small space; the principals are very similar, soft, giving way, using other's force, etc. What Aikido does with the whole body, Wing Tsun does with one arm as in a 'bong' or 'tan'." I love both styles. One was invented by armored Samurai against many armored, sword-bearing opponents. The other as hand to hand (basically) and to finish as fast as possible. Both can be performed effectively by a small person, or woman against a bigger assailant. Huge fan of both and Mr. Segal, though his cheese has slid off his cracker a bit in his later years, he was one of the only "Anglos" to ever be allowed to teach in Japan, he was--and still is nasty. He helps train arguably the best fighter in the world: Anderson Silva, so let the facts speak for themselves if you don't like him. For a true appreciation of his style watch his first two or three movies when he was just doing his Aikido. Brutal, fast, and beautiful... like me-- Ha!