Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happy Holidays

I woke up this morning with the great saying of: "It's what you do when no one is looking that defines you as a person." So I decided to go to Strongman today, no matter who was there, and flip the 650 lb. Tire for 100 yards. No Cameras, no having anyone cheer me on, or whatever, no fanfare. Just doing it for me. My record from a few years ago was 200 yards, down and back the football field, but I figured this was a good start as I am still making sure I don't shred my pigskin:) I did it, I succeeded. I gave the gift of achievement to me for the holidays. It is what makes us feel alive when no one is looking. I seem to surround myself with people who train like freaks when no one is around, and/or who would save people from burning buildings even if it meant their lives, if it meant no fanfare or thanks, they live this way. I am very fortunate and this Holiday Season I am thankful for all of you, and for me and my quiet resolve. I hope all of you are heroes to yourselves. It makes it so much easier to be good to others and to not be judgmental of them, to just be there for them. Be who you want to be. Happy Holidays.

Now watch what we do when people are watching and laugh your ass off.