Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, September 26, 2011

Changing Up Your Workout

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40.98158604966961~-73.60104337667658&lvl=12&dir=0&sty=r&where1=Old%20Greenwich%2C%20CT&form=LMLTCC

Okay, changing up your workouts. We don't just flip tires here at strongman. Everything we do we do with the strongman mentality of pushing it to the extreme. So in the past few years I have taken up some "additions" to my strongman training for various reasons; health; time; and to keep my most important muscle strong: my mind. So I now swim in the Sound at Tod's Point in Old Greenwich as much as possible. Usually still doing cold shots through January. I also take Wing Tsun Kung Fu at Club Kung Fu in Springdale (awesome) (See link at the bottom of the page) to keep my mind and body sharp during the time when the field was closed and now I am in love with the art. (I highly recommend coming to try a free class). And most recently my wife and I bought a Sea Kayak. Crazy workout. We usually go when the sun is rising. And now that we have our own, on our second time out, we kayaked from Greenwich (Tod's) Point out to Great Captains Island (on the map above) and (Little Captain's Island) Island Beach. The trip was on a whim. It was Susanne's B-day so we were in the Kayak started heading for an island we had never gone to and from there... just kept on going. I think the whole trip was about 6 miles. We started at 8:00 and finished at 11:30ish am. Great adventure. We didn't know the islands were there or within reach of our kayak. The back and arm workout was supreme. So... Kiddies, mix it up. Get out there and seek adventure as well as flipping tires and pumping iron. As long as you do it with our insane work etchic it will enhance your workout and your life. Now beat it. You should be tackling lamas in Tibet by now! (I'll post some picks of the kayak.)

Cap