Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, January 23, 2012

Grendel...His Meaning of Life.

From Grendel by John Gardner: (The book tells Beowulf through the monster's eyes...I can relate.)
I understood that the world was nothing: a mechanical chaos of casual, brute enmity on which we stupidly impose our hopes and fears. I understood that, finally and absolutely, I alone exist. All the rest, I saw, is merely what pushes me, or what I push against, blindly—as blindly as all that is not myself pushes back. I create the whole universe, blink by blink. --An ugly god pitifully dying in a tree!
Poor Grendel. Even monster's feel the heavy hand of Quantum reality.

I can relate looking quite the monster myself as of late. Though I am a pretty monster living in a tree. And I like the bumpy things that I bump off of...they are my friends, my wife, my breath, my life. Bumpiddy-bumpiddy-bump. And of course none of it may be real...including me! What fun! What a Zen epiphany!