Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, January 23, 2012

When the Body is Wounded...the Soul has a Chance to Soar

One of my favorite "non-Shu-Shu" quotes:
"Life in every breath, every cup of tea".
Another classic "non-Shi-Shi" quote:
"One door closes, another opens."
Cap-ism: "A Good Day Always Comes with a Price
"You're happy, smiling and then one door hits you in the junk, you bend over to pick up your junk... and another door smashes you in the nose...you drop face first in a pile of crap but find a diamond ring Donald Trump's dog ate last week. Good day always comes with a price. So? Suck it up!"

heh-fitting :) though I usually wear a bathing suit
It has been a loooong road, but I'm back at the beach with my girl. Wearing shorts in the snow and a bit hairier-er. My beard led Mark (my brother-in-law) to call this photo of me "The Lion in Winter". My favorite movie of all time so it was very fitting. But a looong road. Blowing out your lower extremities and then being sliced open and having pig parts inserted (when you haven't eaten pig in 20 years because I made a choice to set some ambiguous moral compass choice to define my ability to refuse something tasty and be strong no matter what, etc.) anyway...pig parts put in does weird and taxing things to the body--even MY body. This has left my mind to find it's voice again--to cry out for me to create something or start some new endeavor, maybe take over a smallish third-world nation! I love that that voice is still there. When I was young it was more massive than my back and arms (heh) if you can believe that. It still lives. Just not sure what to do with it anymore but it lives and I am exited to see where my ancient wings fly me to. Or better yet, where I take them. Maybe to just better savor what I have now. But still...new adventure
 
(Again, without Susanne (my breath)...this whole experience...Thank you baby.)