Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, December 5, 2011

Mayhem V. Miller

I wrote this to my old roomate Mark G. from Syracuse U, who is also a big UFC fan, in response to the Bisping v. Miller UFC fight on Saturday night.

Mark had written:  I have to say, VERY unimpressed with Bisping. He looks so damn slow. He should have ended that fight in the first round. That Mayhem is a joke. He has a black belt in Jujitsu? Why didn't he use it?

I wrote:
I miss vintage Randy Couture! The rest of the TUF season and most of the prelim fights were amazing--it has been a while.  The little guys can fight (bantam and feathers). Bisping has never been a finisher...ever. He's a point fighter with no knockout power. He could be a knockout fighter if someone would light a fire under his British @#$%. He is a bully, shame Mayhem didn't use that--hello, Bully Beatdown! He even said it on TUF. If you hurt Bisping, he caves, if not he just beats you up enough to not loose. And he always punches flat-footed. Afraid to "Go for it". Guy works like a dog just needs a better coach and a bigger pair of.... Mayhem, whom I love as a "character" must be so busy being a personality that he forgot to EVER take a stand-up lesson or do any cardio. What the hell? I guess he just thinks being crazy will get you through? Not at this level. Shame though, he would be fun to have around and be in the running cause he is a good guy. More fight less face-time. Again...needs a good coach. Guess they gave them five rounds knowing neither one of them could knock out a 6th grader and 3 would be too damn dull. Coaching, Coaching, Coaching. So important. (Ironic considering they were coaches on the TUF show). But I guess at the end of the day when the cage shuts. All of it is up to the man. How you doin', kid?