Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Tuesday, November 29, 2011

5 Chickens Shu-Shu: On the Road

5 Chickens Shu-Shu (in case you missed his history, check back a few posts. To sum up: plump shaolin monk, brother to the nun who invented Wing Chun)... Anyway, Five Chickens Shu-Shu, after the destruction of his temple, decided to hit the road. He went in search of new places that would feed him for free, to ponder enlightenment, and to write his (not so famous) scrolls about his experiences. Here now is one such tale.

I stepped from the burning temple, alive. (I had gone back for my 'chicken satchel' my sister had made for me, I was in fact not at the temple when it was brought low. Yes, I was eating five chickens!) So, I stepped from the burning temple alive--mind brimming with visions of a long ago tomorrow. Of a day when I could or would truly live up to my potential. That day is today! Or...was it yesterday? Or had it come to pass when the wind blew too loudly and stifled my ears so I would miss my big moment? Or am I already that big moment and the wind was hollering at me to wake up to that fact? To blow through my empty head and start the windmills a'churnin' and a'grindin'. It's not the wind's fault I am such a flubbery lackluster. The wind loves me though, regardless. And I love she: The Wind, who is the breath of an unrepentant God. She's unrepentant because all sails are driven by The Wind, whether into rocks or sunsets on windswept shores. So no sorries for what just IS.

(After a brief 3 hour meal at a roadside chicken n' waffles I tripped, hit my head, and had an epiphany:)

I broke the silence with a hammer clash.
Rage and fury and KALABASH!
I broke bones then burst into song.
I slaughtered my boredom
that had been MY doing all along.
A crisp, short, sharp blow to the back of my head,
The burning of my temple and all my friends dead,
was all it took to arouse my wanderlust and an epiphany
My journey back into the depths...of me.

I had begun to head out when a man approached me, and me being a monk, he asked:  
"What is the secret to enlightenment, master?"
My bag was heavy. I thought this question, especially following my epiphany, deserved great thought and attention, so I placed my weighty satchel down and began to ponder. The man watched me put down my bag with great interest, and as soon as it hit the ground he hollered excitedly:
"Yes, master I understand!"
He threw his bedroll and wallet at the feet of a beggar on the side of the road, rubbed my belly and ran away clicking his heels.

"What the hell was that?!" I squealed. "I didn't even say anything!? Man's a nut," I shook my fist and said, "Part of that cash is mine, beggar. No. Don't put the wallet down ther-- okay you win." Shrugging, I hoisted my sack full of chickens up, (hurting my lower lumbar because it was so heavy) and limped away on my new adventure. Five other people rubbed my belly as I passed, calling me "ChiChe". I hollered at them: "Not Chi-Chi, it's Shu-Shu, you crazy people!" And they said they had called me: "ChiChe, which means: Knowing This. "Knowing what?" I retorted. They all dropped their stuff and said, "Exactly!" and ran away clicking their heels. "Whatever. Town full of nuts," I said as the beggar and I fought for their stuff and then I started to run. But quickly stopped. Out of breath. Children rubbed my belly as I ate a chicken from my bag. I set off again trying to escape Nut-town at a light jog--for ten seconds. Then stopped and sat for an hour under a big shady tree 200-yards from my destroyed temple. Or slept. I left the next morning for my journey inside of me! After breakfast, anyway. And hobbit breakfast.

--From the Scroll: Stop Touching My Fat or I'll Howl! Or On the Road.