Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Five Chickens Shu-Shu (and Panda Problems)

According to the Wing Chun master Yip Man, Ng Mui was Abbess at the Henan Shaolin Monastery and managed to survive its destruction by Qing forces during the reign of the Kangxi Emperor (1662–1722). What isn't well known, is that her brother was an overweight monk of little regard and he too survived the destruction because he was in town eating five whole roasted chickens. This is how he got his nickname: 5 Chickens Shu-Shu. Five Chickens Shu-Shu wasn't a great fighter by any means, though strong as a bear, and he often lost his Chan (Zen) composure whenever food and/or work was involved. But in the rare times he wasn't stuffing his round face, he was a very, very humorous and wise man. Or at least that's what he said about himself in his grease-stained scrolls. He wrote three of them that have recently been unearthed in and archaeological dig and I will periodically include some of his more famous quotes for you in the blog.
"In perfect harmony
I rage (and by rage I mean eat while leaning)
against the foundation stone
of laziness in my life's structure.
But, alas, it is like wheat brushing an oak.
(Though...it is only because I choose to be wheat.
I am the oak as well! Or at least a very squat bush.)"
                                 --From the scroll entitled: My Golden Buddha Belly

5 Chickens Shu-Shu also wrote in his third scroll, entitled:
   ---I Heart Animals, Then I Eat Them with Hot Sauce:


"A firm grasp of the obvious
leaves others to ponder mystery."
and:
"Raise awareness of the need
to cure gigantism in the testicles of panda bears."
(Of course he was at the end of a five-day bender when he wrote this scroll.)