Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We Are But Stardust and Memories of Long Ago

  Nasunse Samaska said: "We are but Stardust and the Memories of Forgotten Dreams." Nasunse was a notorious female Ronin and Spy in the Nobunaga days of Ancient Japan. She wrote many manuals on The Hidden Blade, Love, Flower Arranging, Espionage and Persuasion. Also much poetry. Mostly her poetry and Zen thoughts survived. This particular quote I enjoy meditating on (especially with my back out I have very little else to do!).
The Quote is from a longer poem:

"We are but stardust and memories of Forgotten Dreams,
Only our minds are servant to wind and cherry blossoms.
We sit in the nothing, swirling our feet in this life until it is done.
Then comes the rain and the smell of new grass."
Try meditating on it and see where it takes you.

(What? I'm a warrior poet like the old samurai and the Scots, you slobs. Get some culture. I'm goin' for some more Icy-Hot.)