Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Day We Need to Buy Water...Is the Beginning of the End



"We found that drinking cold liquids from polycarbonate bottles for just one week increased urinary BPA levels by more than two-thirds."

Still, to this day, I remember sitting in my sixth grade class...We were having a discussion about, oddly, marketing. I turned to my friend next to me and said "The day we need to buy water, is the beginning of the end." Odd that I should say something like that in the 6th grade, and that I was paying attention in class and not drawing my teacher having a really big fat arse to amuse said friend. Anyway. Who doesn't carry around a bottle of water in a plastic container now? What happened to drinking out of a faucet? We pay taxes, big taxes to have clean water. This is America after all not Mexico where (no offense) you can't drink the water without fear of Montezuma popping out of your rectum to seek revenge. How did MARKETING convince us that we all need to consume water in easy, landfill-filling plastic bottles instead of a water fountain? Maybe because of all the crap that we let big corp.s dump in our water supply? And instead of making the Chem Companies clean up their acts, we all just accept it and drink "Spring" water out of a bottle that the Chem Corps made and polluted the ground waters with run off chemicals from their plastic plants to make? Hmmm... Americans are Lemmings, maybe? Hmmm. As long as we feel like we are gym-fit with our spandex and water-bottle in hand we feel we are so healthy because "at least we are not drinking soda", that we forget that our dumb arse could have had a drink for free from the sink? How much money a year, on top of your taxes, do you pay for bottled water? How much? Well, crap, figure it out. I'll wait. And while I do, I found this article (didn't look too hard) on BPA's and how bad they are for you (BPA's are the bad chems that leech into your "spring" water from your plastic bottle). They are bad: The article from a website called Six Wise says:
"The researchers recruited Harvard College students for the study in April 2008, and all 77 participants then began a seven-day “washout” during which they drank all cold beverages from stainless steel bottles in order to minimize BPA exposure. For the next week, participants were given two polycarbonate bottles and asked to drink all cold beverages from them.
Urine samples were taken at the end of each week-long period, and the results that came back were shocking: levels of BPA rose 69 percent after just one week of drinking out of plastic bottles.
"We found that drinking cold liquids from polycarbonate bottles for just one week increased urinary BPA levels by more than two-thirds."
Oh my GOD... and the EPA or FDA allow plastic bottle sales at all? Oh, wait...Plastics are made out of OIL. Oh. Then it's okay. Never mind. Go back to looking good on a treadmill. You are all so healthy. Marketing has no affect on who you are, so just lemm away on your gerbil wheel. How were the reality shows last night? Good? The Kardashians get any new plastic surgeries? Good.

If you want to read the rest of the Sith Wise I mean Six Wise article go to this LINK. Oh, and PS. the best part of the article is that at the end I realised the Six Sense people are trying to sell me a Better-Non-BPA-Water Bottle with, get this, some kind of Japanese stones for filtration or something. I just stopped reading when I saw the sales pitch. Hmm, wonder if they are right from the nuclear disaster site or a nearby spring?

Remember: A sixth-grader said: "The day we have to buy water...the beginning of the end."


(Then again, in the 6th grade, I also watched a lot of cartoons and picked my nose. Heh, yes, yes...I still do...so maybe everything I say is a lie or the ravings of an adult sixth-grader who's two cookies short of a snack-pack from too many BPA's. I am so thirsty, are you thirsty?)