Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, November 7, 2011

No Impact Man--Big Pair

No Impact Man. Big pair to be this guy (and his family). Colin Beaven lived for a year without leaving an environmental footprint. I know how much trash I produce, always makes me mad at myself. (Now not sure if I could live without Toilet Paper...I would have to take A-LOT of showers...maybe join a circus just so I could be hosed down with the elephants.) You don't have to be a tree hugger like me to take something away from this flick. Beaven was highly criticized for not being sincere, for just doing this to promote his book. Self-promotion? What isn't in order to get your message out in America. Come on. You know how much money I make from this blog and flipping tires? I'm like Daffy Duck, a wealthy miser. I do it all for cash too. HAHAHAA! Just sounded like greenies and enviro-critics were just jealous because he went out and did what they talked about while swilling coffee and stompin' around in their SUV's. Anyway. Guy gets the "BIG PAIR" award from me. No TV, No meat No T.P. No Electricity, no planes, trains, automobiles. No new clothes. Only locally grown fruits veggies and milk and he composts his trash. If he lived in the burbs would be no biggie but this cat and his kitties lives in Manhattan. Again. Big cahones. Loved watching his shop-o-haulic, caffeine-addicted, tv-o-haulic wife come to grips with all of her foibles. Shines a nice light on all of our unrealized addictions to not-meaningful things. Fillers of boredom things. Big, big, pair. Again, you don't have to be this extreme, but every little bit helps. And I also like the message that one man, (or family) can make a difference or at least start a healthy discussion. You don't have to wait till you see it on TV or "everyone" is doing it to try and be a better whatever. I applaud that always. True Strongman (and woman) training!

Now go and be Strong!