Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Tao of Wing Tsun and Pooh

My Si-Hing Dom and I were staying late in the parking lot after Wing Tsun class to discuss our recent seminar with SiZ Haw at City Wing Tsun and SiB Marcus and the other "Spirits of Wing Tsun". We were rappin' about some of the pearls of wisdom we had received and after a bit, our conversation strayed over into the book on the Siu Nim Tau form from our WT and how the 3 fooks and the tan should be done with "reverse breathing" or Taoist Breathing.(see link). This breathing should not be done if you have certain medical problems, so research well. It is a very potent form of meditative breathing and is used also to make Wing Tsun more powerful, etc. I am no expert in this type of breathing so I am only including the briefs I have found on-line, though I plan to look more into this now. (I practiced it with my form for 30 minutes and was sweatin baby.) Anyway, our discussion got me to  think about my love of Taoism (pronounced "DAO-ism") which I haven't talked about much here in my blog. So I thought I would put a brief description of the Tao here and recommend you seek wise fools because you don't know:) Wonderful parts of it to be applied to life and I love to apply to my life if anyone cares...
But being a light unto yourself to be a light unto the world
is my favorite part. Basically be all you can be and others will learn from your example...or You don't have to jam your beliefs down others throats, etc. just be the best you can be for yourself and they will follow your example if they choose on their own. We truly only learn if we want to, not others forcing us to, blah, blah... anyway so... Okay check it out if you'ld like to. If you don't I'll kick yer arse! Ha! anyway found this snippet on another blog that summed up the basics of the Tao.

TEACHINGS OF TAOISM


Taoism was founded by Lao Tzu. He created this philosophy so that people can be deeply related to the nature or his surroundings. It refers to the power which envelopes surroundings; all things living and non-living. Some of his teachings and quotations are:

- " Be still like a mountain and flow like a river" = means that we, people, should go with the flow. And that is also one of the main teachings of Taoism.
- " There would be no love without hate, no light without dark and no male without female." = means that for every thing (whether living or non-living), there is always an opposite side or part of it. That belief is also called the Yin-Yang.
(From mixs_brainy blog by jem francisco)

A great book to learn the basics of the Tao is the Tao of Pooh. It has pitchers and evra'thang.