Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Friday, October 14, 2011

Oatmeal of DOOM!

Okay, so I am in a rush to get out the door this morning. I am showering, cooking my oatmeal on the stove, finding workout clothes and making egg sam'iches all at once and trying not to wake Susanne (it's raining so we are going to pass on the walk this AM). Nuts. Any-way. So I like to mix a protein shake with my oatmeal to take to school for a nutritious low cal, low sugar snack-right-I've done it before, mix up a protein shake and dump it into my Tupperware (Chinese soup take-out container) and take it to work-easy. Snack on it all day. This morning I am in a furry to get out the door and decide to just poor my protein powder right into the Tupperware then pour the hot off the stove stone-cut oatmeal in with it, close it and...shake it up.

BOOM! It explodes! Made a loud noise and everything. (I think I heard a squirrel outside the window drop it's nuts.) Piping-hot oatmeal over my stomach, my hands, my shorts, legs, the walls, the sink. HA! Was so cool! 'Cept for my second degree burns and the fact that if it hit my face I'd be blind. (Try telling that to an emergency room doc without him filming you for youtube.) GO TRAIN!

Moral of the story... Next time I do it I will have one of my friends shake it without telling him what will happen and I will somehow do this while wearing safety glasses ---- CAP