Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Supplements for Kids?

Can't tell you how many times kids at SHS come up to me and ask me if I take supplements and then the follow up is always "what should I (they) take?"

And I tell them the same thing every time: if you are not done growing don't take supplements. You youngsters should get what you need from food. When I was in high school we didn't take supplements at all. Back in 1985-86 we finally got a real weight room and I went from 185 my Junior year to 240 lb. Senior year (and still ran a 4.5 40 by the way) just by eating and lifting. Of course we drank like 2 gallons of milk with raw eggs, and 5 hamburgers a day, etc. but it was all done with JUST eating and lifting. When you are young your body is making its own creatine, etc. so there is no need to load up on extra. I am not a doctor and other people may have different opinions but that is mine. The voice of Cap. Eat, Lift, Sleep, Flip! When you become an old fart like me you need extra protein and vitamins to help a bit on recovery because my old ass doesn't make all the chems you youngsters do. So eat a freakin cheeseburger and drink some milkshakes to old-school gain weight. If you are already a big kid, cut the fat and add in fish and veggies instead of meat and eggs, etc. easy enough to find good diets online.     And Steroids.... NO. DON'T. I have NEVER taken juice... so if you respect my insane arse and want to come flip with me... lay off the juice. It's cheating. For medicinal purposes it's great. For old guys who want to keep lifting into their later years studies have showed it helps... (I ain't there yet and will just stop lifting if I ever get to that point and do more Wing Tsun! when I get too old). So NO ROIDS!  Anyway. LIFT AND EAT, PUSKAS. No better feeling than doing it yourself.     See you out there... CAP.