Welcome to CAP's SHS Strongman Training

If you want to come down and flip tires with the "old man"... do so at your own risk, I am not your mommies (even if I am prettier than some of them). If I tell you to scram--do so. We all help each other and WE ALL CLEAN UP. Bring water and an indomitable will. Check the blog 1 hour before you come down if there is foul weather or just in case--stuff happens. Subscribe by email or blog-reader to get updates (so I don't get 50 texts everyday). And, P.S. Meditate...It is the true Strongman Training.



Monday, October 3, 2011

Soul Sword: The Way and Mind of a Zen Warrior by Vernon Kitabu Turner

Quotes from the book on Zen:
Zen Transcends all references and gives the mind nothing to grab hold of, not even itself. In the Zen approach, the false mind is made to collapse under its own weight. The Zen mind-spiritual mind manifests on its own, instinctively wise, instinctively correct. It knows nothing of its origin; it simply is, functioning in harmony with the world around.
(Cap-ism: #2:
When my tires were gone, I found Wing Tsun Kung Fu : When I empty my mind, I find a small black squirrel in there dressed in Yoda Underoos and a cheese hat who knows stuff I would NEVER know.)